TSLR is excited to announce our Winter 2017 Cover Art Contest. The winner will be featured on the cover of our Winter 2017 Issue of The Shanghai Literary Review, and those shortlisted will have their work featured throughout the magazine.
• Submissions are open from now until September 1, 2017.
• Submissions can be of any medium. Photography, painting, drawing, 3D rendering, even selfies (We dare you.).
• Submissions can embody any subject matter. However, we can't help but notice if you submit work that plays to our magazine's literary themes: identity, language, modernity, family and nostalgia.
• The shortlist will be announced in early October, and the winner will be announced in early November.
• TSLR may ask winner and those shortlisted for minor adjustments, to be agreed upon between the editor and artist. TSLR will also ask winner and those shortlisted for one-time rights for first publication in print and online (after which the rights will revert back to the artist).
• Each artist may submit up to 10 pieces of art for consideration. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are submitting more than one piece of artwork, please upload all of them into one submission.
• Submit here: https://shanghailiterary.submittable.com/submit/76828/visual-art. Please check the "Cover Art Submission" box when submitting your work.