We're back at it again! Our next print issue comes out in summer 2018, and the team at TSLR have been happily reading incoming submissions.
The deadline to submit for our winter print issue is February 15. Please mosey on over to our Submittable page to send in your work.
We are interested in art and criticism about urbanism, globalism, identity, and transnationalism, though by no means should submissions be limited to those topics. We'll publish a good story about cats in Africa if it floors us. Selected works will be published in print and after a delay, all pieces will be available online as well. TSLR sells in a growing number of stores in New York, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Beijing, and London.
- Fiction - less than 5,000 words
- Poetry - 2 poems submission limit per person
- Non-Fiction - less than 5,000 words
- Flash Fiction / Non-Fiction - less than 500 words
- Visual Art - photography, video, photo essay, collage, painting, sketch, etc.
- Translation - translation into English of any poetry, essay or short fiction, or vice versa, along with the original text
- Book Review - pitch book review ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit online, please visit our online submissions manager.
We will only publish previously unpublished pieces. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable. Please just let us know promptly if your submission has been accepted elsewhere. All published authors of the print edition will be mailed a hard copy of their magazine at no cost.
Translators, please provide documentation of authorization to translate and publish from the writer whom you are translating.